Tuesday, October 5, 2010

051010 - high hopes in velvet ropes

So, I have spent this afternoon stalking- I mean.. watching Ellen DeGeneres videos. She is my idol and I think I have fallen in love with her.

This is what she said in one video-

I am devastated by the death of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi. If you don't know, Tyler was a bright student at Rutgers University whose life was senselessly cut short. He was outed as being gay on the internet and he killed himself.
Something must be done. This month alone, there has been a shocking number of news stories about teens who have been teased and bullied and then committed suicide; like 13-year-old Seth Walsh in Tehachapi, California. Asher Brown, 13, of Cypress, Texas and 15-year-old Billy Lucas in Greensberg, Indiana. This needs to be a wake-up call to everyone: teenage bullying and teasing is an epidemic in this country, and the death rate is climbing.
One life lost in this senseless way is tragic. Four lives lost is a crisis. And these are just the stories we hear about. How many other teens have we lost? How many others are suffering in silence? Being a teenager and figuring out who you are is hard enough without someone attacking you.
My heart is breaking for their families, their friends and for a society that continues to let this happen. These kids needed us. We have an obligation to change this. There are messages everywhere that validate this kind of bullying and taunting and we have to make it stop. We can't let intolerance and ignorance take another kid's life.

Read more:
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/09/its_time_to_end_teenage_bullying_0930.php#ixzz11TAw7IRk

It's so hard to believe that these four boys were pushed so far that they went to the extreme and took their lives. And it's pretty upsetting considering that I can easily believe that people can be this cruel. People are horrible, yes. There will always be those disgusting people in the world who define you by your looks, your family, your race, your culture. Your sexuality.
FUCK ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU DIFFERENTLY, all you are and all you can be is the person under the skin. Don't change for anyone, don't let anyone put you down.
I have plenty of gay friends. My lesbian best friend is possibly the coolest girl I know.
"Things will get easier, peoples minds will change and you should be alive to see it."

Dinner conversation with my mother:
Me: When I grow up, I am going to marry Ellen DeGeneres.
Mum: ... Okay. ... Why?
Me: Because she is so cool and I love her.
Mum: I think her wife might take offence to you marrying her.
Me: Too bad.
Mum: At least her wife is Australian. But by the time you grow up, Ellen will be old and you won't have to put up with her for very long anyway. That's how you want them - old and rich.
Okay, I'm sorry, I talked about Ellen a lot this blog, but I have other things to talk about. Like my crap English assignment.

English is usually my favourite subject. I have a Scottish teacher who is a good teacher (even though at times I cannot understand him). But this term every class got assigned a novel and because he is Scottish, my teacher chose some stupid book that is set in Scotland. In a place spelled Alba but is pronounced 'Alapa' (what?).
I am only three chapters into the book, but so far, I have come to the conclusion that the author took a Shakespeare play, wrote it in her own words, then wrote her 'own' story - exactly the same as the Shakespeare story, except in modern Australia - and compared the two. That is not writing. That is plagiarism. And the fact that she wouldn't be able to write to save her life makes things even worse.
I am going to fail English this term.
I just had a laugh attack. My boyfriend is scared of hates moths.

Random question (not really a question but I'll do it anyway):
10 things that make you happy.
  1. In the morning, when I get to school and my best friend Jess runs to hug me first.
  2. When the N block bogans are in a particularly good mood and I am given not one, but TWO frozen poppers.
  3. The tuck shop's muffins. Best muffins in the world for $1.40. 
  4. Guy's deodorant.
  5. Thinking about Alex Gaskarth.
  6. Writing letters to Jess. 
  7. Justin Bieber jokes.
  8. When my solitaire win percentage goes up by one.
  9. Holding hands with my boyfriend.
  10. My boyfriend in general.

It's been a while since I last played solitaire, but I shall start playing it again, if my laptop stops being a loser and freezing every few minutes.
Solitaire statistics:
Games played: 1201
Games won: 524
Win percentage: 43%
 
Sorry this blog was so long and Ellen-y.
I now need to shower as I smell like Matt's deodorant which I stole out of his bag at first break.
Farewell Rocketship (I get the urge to say that at the end of every blog...)

No comments:

Post a Comment