It is currently 1:20 AM on a Saturday, I am supposed to be sleeping, and I'm pretty sure my brother's Xbox is going to wake the whole house up.
Yes, it has been, what, nine days? Since I updated, but in my defence it still feels like Thursday last week. So, in my head, I didn't ignore my blog at all.
The award ceremony went as I expected - when we got there Dad couldn't understand why the coffee machine wouldn't work and insisted on finding out, I fixed my hair in the bathroom seventy times, my brother made himself tea and then did not drink it, my Dad decided a family photo would be nice, my Dad couldn't figure out how to take the lens of my camera off, the ceremony started and Dad sat next to me then continued to talk, and talk, and talk, while my brother noisily fiddled with the chair, and after about half an hour my brother and Dad had left. They came back just in time to see my name called out and to applaud me walking across the stage, then my brother took a few blurry photos where I am at least two heads taller than the three other girls.
We left about half an hour before it finished and got home at about 10:30. On Thursday the head of English presented my award on year assembly and people asked me about it all day. It. Was. Awful.
On Monday afternoon I was walking home and I smiled at a stranger, and he smiled back and said 'hi'. That made me smile the whole way home, it was incredible. I wish all strangers were like that.
On Tuesday afternoon I was walking home and I saw a patch of dandelions. I swear I have not seen a dandelion in so long. I picked one and blew all the seed things off but I forgot to make a wish. That same afternoon walking home I caught a Santa (I wished on that) and picked a pretty flower. I was so happy for the rest of the day.
And it was the little things, too. I decided to make a list of all the small things (true care, truth brings). I will most definitely miss things out because I love a lot of small things.
1. Blowing the seeds off of dandelions.
2. The sound glass bottles make when they roll on concrete.
3. How it feels when a shirt slides over my head.
4. When I clap and it's really loud.
5. Tapping my fingernails on the desks at school.
6. Pulling petals off of flowers.
7. When something is so sour it hurts my cheeks.
8. Pulling threads off of clothing.
9. Odd socks.
10. When ants work in teams to carry food.
11. When I randomly have a hiccup. Singular, not plural.
12. That my right shoe never goes on as easily as my left.
13. The word "rhombus".
14. My Winnie The Pooh pyjamas.
15. The froth at the bottom of the Iced Coffee bottle.
16. Really new, shiny coins.
17. Dragging my feet in grass.
18. The scroll button on my laptop mouse pad.
19. Peeling stickers off of bottles.
20. Drawing triangles and stars.
I haven't been playing a great deal of Solitaire lately as I have discovered the magic of *drumroll*... Spider Solitaire! But I am pleased to announce that I have just won my six hundred and second game of regular Solitaire.
Games played: 1353
Games won: 602
Win percentage: 44% (still)
I do not have a random question as it is 1:55AM and my brain is not functioning correctly. But then again, I haven't had a random question in a long time. Tomorrow... Maybe.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARISHKA.