Sunday, November 27, 2011

27/november - and the hero will drown

Dad decided to come in before with a party popper and pop it in my room. Normally I would get grumpy but I am too tired to even function properly.
Today on a road trip with my boyfriend and his lovely parents, we played I Spy while waiting in roadworks. I haven't played I Spy for years so it was... Different. I remember when I was much younger, instead of saying "I spy with my little eye something beginning with (letter)" I would say a colour, because I hadn't learnt letters. I'm surprised I even remember that. That was back in the days where I would play the game that goes "What's the time Mr. Wolf?" and Red Rover. I miss little kid games, I don't even know what kinds of games little kids play these days.

My birthday was seventeen days ago. It's sort of tradition in my family on someone's birthday that we buy a Freddo Frog ice cream cake instead of a real cake. Generally the cake is eaten by the next day. Seventeen days later, I just finished the last piece. Since my sister moved out and my brother may as well have, things are different. Food just lasts longer.

One last thing before I pass out from sleep deprivation. The song "When We Stand Together" has the lyrics 'when we could feed a starving world with what we throw away'. This line really got me thinking. I have it so easy here in Australia. There's a roof over my head, I have a bed to sleep in at night - that's already more than what a lot of other people have. I have food always at the ready and my clothes are cleaned for me. My life is handed to me on a silver platter. I complain about stupid things when really, I have no right to complain about anything. I have a lot to be thankful for.
Tomorrow I will start something that I saw on another blog that I follow, called "30 days of thankful", over a month listing the things that I am thankful for in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment