Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30/november - and run (30 days of thankful, day 02)

Today Bren and I went to Ipswich on the train. What I think is ironic is that just inside the train station, there are vending machines everywhere. It's hard not to buy a drink or a snack from there. Then as soon as you get on the train, there are signs every where - "no food or drink to be consumed on train". I could see 4 of these signs from where I was sitting, without even trying. Sneaky, yes.
Also today on my adventure, while Bren and I were running late for the train, I saw a claw machine - one of the giant ones. I couldn't resist, even if it meant missing the train. I am not in any way trying to promote these awful things, seeing how much money I spend on them, but today I won! For the first time in my life, all those failures paid off.
I think I will name him Humphrey. 

Thirty Days of thankful Day 02 - I am thankful for my home.
Tonight on Today Tonight or A Current Affair, whichever show it was (I always get mixed up, they talk about the same things more or less) they reported about families who have no where to live throughout the holidays. This is a festive season, and these poor people are homeless. Obviously it does not just occur at this time, and it is always serious - but I think it would be amazing for them to be able to wake up on Christmas morning, not in the back of a car or in a rubbish house not suitable for animals, much less humans - a real home.
I don't live in a mansion, very far from - but it is a roof over my head, there is no denying it. There's nothing wrong with it, and it is terrible that some people can't afford a sheltered place to stay. My heart goes out to these people and I wish them the very best. A home is a home, there is not one person who does not deserve even that.

2 comments:

  1. Posting as anonymous because stupid blogspot's screwing with me again.
    I wish there was a like button under this, I would've deffinetly clicked it.
    Humphrey is cute. :D

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and here i am thinking that you're posting on anonymous because you're being sneaky! :) thank you love xx

    ReplyDelete